Sunday, January 23, 2011

Vegetable Pizza

Adapted from Mama Kim’s Kitchen.

This was not a memorable meal from my childhood but instead one I’ve come to appreciate as I’ve begun to actually like things like broccoli and cauliflower. It was, however, always a favorite for the rest of my family growing up – it really is tasty with the Pillsbury dough, ranch mix, and cheeses. The raw veggies aren’t too bad anymore either! This veggie pizza is great for leftovers, too, as it can be eaten cold or warmed in the microwave.

Ingredients:
  • 2 cans reduced fat crescent rolls
  • 8 oz. reduced fat cream cheese
  • ½ cup light mayonnaise
  • 1 pkg. Hidden Valley ranch dressing mix
  • 1½ cups broccoli florets, chopped
  • 1½ cups cauliflower florets, chopped
  • 1/2 cup 2% cheddar cheese, grated

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Press rolls into a 10x15” baking sheet or pan. Seal edges. Bake for 15 minutes; set aside while it cools.

Soften cream cheese; add mayo and ranch dressing mix. Spread onto baked dough.
Sprinkle with broccoli, cauliflower, and cheese. Enjoy at any temperature!

Yield: 5 servings

4 comments:

  1. Yum!! Thanks for the reminder...I'm going to have to make that again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting this! I've never made it, but I've always loved it! :) Hopefully Ray will like it. If not, more for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great recipe! I gave this a try last night after a long day at clinic. I didn't feel like going to the grocery store, and it just so happened that the few things I had were crescent rolls, ranch dip for potato chips, and cream cheese. These are things I rarely ever eat, which is probably why there was so much of it left in my fridge! I substituted the ranch dressing mix with two spoons of ranch dip, and I added a couple dashes of paprika to the mixture. (Side note: Paprika and cream cheese is one of my favorite combos, and if you just put it in your crescent rolls and bake them, it makes a super good snack/roll.) I didn't have any broccoli or cauliflower so I put whatever I could find on top - sun dried tomatoes, banana peppers, chopped scallions, basil, and a little bit of cabbage. It was delicious; it took a few bites for me to get used to the idea of it all together, but I really like it. :)

    The creamy mixture almost reminds me of the artichoke pizza sauce from artichoke and basil...almost. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmmmmmmmmmmm my favorite

    ReplyDelete